1 to 2 minutes of prep work (cutting the ends off of the snap peas & slicing the cucumbers) and about 4 or 5 minutes to cook.
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- About 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups of sugar snap peas (stems on each end trimmed off)
- 1 cup of baby spinach leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 cup of cucumbers sliced into small rounds
- Optional: A dash or two of Sriracha or another hot sauce to taste (for the grownups)
Steps to put this on your table:
- Warm olive oil a medium sauce pan on high heat until it’s hot.
- Add the frozen corn and saute rapidly for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium high.
- Add the snap peas to the pan and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Remove the the kids’ servings. Then, add the salt, pepper, baby spinach leaves, cucumbers & hot sauce (if using) for the grown ups.
- Cover to keep warm until it’s ready to serve.