This is one of my stand-by, I need a green side dish ‘stat’ (super fast) recipes and it typically takes me less than 3 minutes to pull together.
This will serve 4 people and maybe a little extra if your children are not interested in salad. If they enjoy peas but don’t like spinach, it’s easy to provide a serving of ‘just peas’ and save the spinach parts for the grown up eaters.
- 2 cups of baby spinach leaves (fresh, washed)
- 8 ounces (1/2 bag) Frozen green peas (full size or petite)
- 1/4 cup of Olive (or other vegetable) oil like canola, I like to use extra virgin olive oil for just about everything including this recipe
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pour 1/4 cup of olive oil in the pan to warm it up over medium-high heat.
- Add and then sauté the peas, stirring frequently, for 2 or 3 minutes, until they no longer look frozen and are bright green and warm but still ‘firm’.
- Throw in 8 ounces (about a handful) of the spinach leaves, toss gently with a large spoon or tongs, and add a little extra olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this? For updates from momshierarchyofneeds.com join the mailing list!