Leslie’s Rosemary Mashed Sweet Potato
- Sweet potato (enough for your family, about 2 medium or large potatoes for a family of 4) peeled and cut into large 2 or 3 inch chunks
- Sprig of rosemary (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place enough sweet potato (i.e. 1 – 2 potatoes) for your family (or the sweet potato eating subset thereof) onto a small baking dish or into a large rectangular sheet of aluminum foil.
- Cover with generous amount of olive oil (to coat), salt & pepper and place a rosemary sprig on top if your family likes rosemary – it will gently ‘flavor’ the potato without making it overwhelming.
- Seal (fully cover) in foil or cover the baking dish.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes (if baking along with the roasted chicken which roasts at high heat, do this at the beginning or the end of the cooking time for the chicken) or if baking alone, set the temperature for 350 degrees F then bake for 30 – 35 minutes).
- Once it’s cooled a bit, discard the rosemary sprig and use a large serving spoon, fork or potato masher and ‘smush’ (this is fun for the kids to do) until it looks nice and mashed. Serve as soon as possible, ideally while it’s still warm. If not, it’s still delicious at room temperature.
Enjoy this? Join the mailing list to receive updates from Momshierarchyofneeds.com.