I have a pattern… you may have noticed my affection for quick salads that are warm. 🙂 This one’s great, super easy as with all of the others it will take you very little time, about 5 to 6 minutes, to pull together.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 or 5 asparagus spears – tough stem ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- One large tomato – cut into cubes, rounds or half moons
- Optional: 1 to 2 cups of fresh baby spinach leaves (rinsed)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Steps to put this on your table:
- In about 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sauté the asparagus pieces (stirring constantly to prevent burning) over medium high heat until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add the spinach (if using) and sauté for another minute until the spinach is wilted. remove from he heat and put the spinach, asparagus and tomato into a small bowl. Add another 1 or 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss gently to combine, serve and enjoy!