Warm Pea & Zucchini Salad
This is another variation of my stand-by, ‘I need a green side dish that tastes delicious yet is 5 minutes or less’.
- 1 zucchini – tough stem end removed and cut into small chunks
- Frozen green peas (full size or petite) – about 8 ounces (half of a one pound bag)
- 1/4 cup of olive (or other vegetable) oil like canola, I like to use extra virgin olive oil for just about everything including this recipe. Plus a bit extra at the end.
- Salt & pepper to taste
Warm pea & zucchini salad
- Pour 1/4 cup of olive oil into the pan to warm it up over medium-high heat.
- Sautee the peas and zucchini for 2 or 3 minutes, until the peas no longer look frozen (are bright green and warm but still ‘firm’) and the zucchini has softened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add a little extra olive oil (if the peas or zucchini look ‘dry’ after sautéing).
Beef burger on a wheat bun with warm zucchini & pea salad, farmer’s market tomato on the side with a touch of salt.
Serve and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this? For updates from momshierarchyofneeds.com join the mailing list!