My town’s farmer’s market opened today… I practically ran there, delirious with the prospect of fresh local veggies and a transition to spring flavors and colors. As usual, my weeknight time is limited so I pulled together a simple one-pan meal that centered around my farmer’s market haul.
From the time I started, this dish was on the table and ready in 30 minutes. It comes together quickly, with minimal chopping and quick to cook ingredients like cous cous and sausage. I’ve made up dozens of recipe variations using this same theme, it’s speed-of-weeknight-bedlam fast and you can easily substitute with your family’s favorite vegetables or fast-cooking grain. See my original post on how to conquer daily dinner for a list of my ‘go-to’ weeknight grains and proteins.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Steps to Put This On Your Table:
1. Using a wide high sided pan or shallow stock pot, sauté green garlic (or garlic or scallions) over medium heat in olive oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
2. Add sausage (increase heat to medium high) and sauté about 7 minutes until browned on all sides.
3. Add water, salt and turmeric, increase heat to high to bring to boil.
4. Add cous cous and asparagus to boiling water, cover pan, lower heat to medium and cook for 9 minutes.
5. Add sugar snap peas and cook covered for one more minute.
6. Turn off heat leave covered for another minute.
Ready to serve and enjoy!
What do you think? If you give it a try or have questions, please let me know in the comments.
If you would like to join the mailing list for updates and new recipes, please let me know!